I’d like to give a huge shout out to Willyummsbakery who nominated me for a Liebster. Thank you! I’m totally loving the fun personality you infuse into your recipe posts.
While I’m familiar with the award, I (despite a MA in English lol) had to look up “Liebster.” To my surprise, it’s German for “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” Certainly there’s been a mistake…
But I accept anyway! I’d like to thank my mom who taught me how to splash in puddles, talk to the food I’m cooking, and most importantly, how to write. You rock, Mom.
The Liebster Award is designed to showcase new bloggers, so I tried to nominate blogs who (as far as I could tell) haven’t received or posted about the award before.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 5-11 new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
My Nominees (in no particular order):
My questions for the nominees:
- Boxers or briefs?
- If you had to pick one presidential candidate to support, who would it be? (Write-ins most definitely allowed.)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Are you grown up?
- Name two truths and one lie about yourself. We’ll try to guess which is the lie 🙂
- What is your dream vacation?
- Which natural disaster are you most afraid of?
- Have you kept your New Year’s Resolution this year? Or ever?
- What is something you would like to learn how to do?
- What advice would you give someone who is starting a blog?
Willyummsbakery‘s questions for me:
- What made you decide to blog?
My best friend talked me into it. She’s the coolest person I know, so I am super flattered that she thought my life was worth blogging about. Flattery will get you everywhere!
- What do you think is your most important blogging tool (except for the internet ;p)?
Inspiration from our crazy life. Seriously. As the stay at home mom of two miniature munchkins,
some days most days I think I’m going crazy. But then I go into the garden, or get cooking, or dive into some project and I find peace (and usually my next post).
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
Rocksteady aka dear husband aka my better half
- If you were only to rely on one thing, do you enjoy food that looks good or smells good?
- When making decisions, do you go with your gut or do you like to research every detail?
Ooooo, definitely a researcher. I can’t buy a toothbrush without first reading the online reviews.
- What is your favorite past-time, other than blogging?
Growing, tasting, creating. Ha. I’m an avid reader too. If I’m in the groove, I can easily devour a novel a day. I would greatly appreciate any fiction suggestions, particularly character driven series of almost every genre. The two series I’ve enjoyed most recently include the Outlander series by Gabaldon and the Pendergast series by Preston & Child.
- What was your first project
Ever? Not sure, but I have a distinct memory of making a video project in school for The Trail of Tears. It looked more like a daytime Blair Witch Project.
- Was it a success or a failure? Either way, what did you learn from it?
I do not have a bright future in film making.
- What was the most important decision you’ve made so far?
- What was your most favorite project?
Our house! Goodbye popcorn ceiling, pink kitchen countertops, and Ethernet jacks.